Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Fit it, cut it, fit it, cut it, fit it, cut it.................




Finally got finished the stair rail ro the loft.  I must say that this has used more brain cells than any other project.  There are just too many variables and I didn't want to have to remake anything as it all takes so long to create. I think that I have come up with a pretty good likeness of a stair rail incorporating a handrail and all to code as well.  It is an easy 2 inches from the smoke chamber of the fireplace.




Newel post secured

Rails fitted

Handrail ready for attachment

The handrail attached to the cutdown 2 x 6

Everybody secured together

A completed project

Looks pretty good if I do say so myself

I can now concentrate on finishing the small railing by the stairs.  I'm still not sure what to do with the little space past the post by the fireplace but I'm sure something will come to mind as I work on it.

Len






1 comment:

  1. I bow to the master. When I did the cherry rail (you will see it someday in my blog) I did not go for the graspable rail - no inspections on my project. Your solution is beautiful! Obi-wan-len.

    ReplyDelete