Friday, October 19, 2012

Changing gears again


I have decided to get the railings done so they won't hold up any flooring later. After starting I realized that our planned wiring for two way switches in the loft would have to be done first.

Router a slot, put the wire in and cover it over. Sounds pretty simple. This took me two days with band practice thrown in there twice.


I did make the pickets and work on the rail

Here is the rail in fabrication mode
Then to a lot of router work

Make a slot

More slot

Bring in some wire

Cover it over

All covered
That was the easy part.  I had to bore through a large beam on both ends and fish wire through insulation up to the waiting switches.  That took all day but it is finished and now back to the railing.

Len





1 comment:

  1. I marvel at your tenacity and steady progress! All this excellent blogging on your part has inspired me to begin blogging - my first attempt is around the pergola
    http://havetablewilltravelbruce.blogspot.com/
    Sarah had been blogging since moving to IN in 2009
    http://indianacountry.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete