Thursday, October 11, 2012

Any excuse for cake

Thanksgiving weekend and Chris and Kyla are out for a visit. Kyla and I finally found the trail that goes all the way around the marsh. We traded bikes on the way back and all I can say is I am glad I have my mountain bike and not Cathryn's city cruiser.
Kyla on the cruiser for the start

Me on the cruiser heading home
 Not only did we celebrate thanksgiving with a great feast but we decided to give Chris his birthday cake a little early.


The candles say 42 instead of 43 as it wasn't quite his birthday and we couldn't find a three.



I was in charge of cutting the pie
Holiday or no holiday there is always something to do at the Aune project home. Kyla and I got busy on trim until it warmed up outside.

A little filler over the nail holes

Nice weather, split a little wood
Lots of heat in this pile

This is the big stuff that we piled the first year we were here

I'm on to more trim since everyone has gone home. I have to create the window sill for the two basement windows that are in the foam foundation. The sill is 9 inches deep so I am combining two pieces of the regular size to get that depth. First thing is to match them up and mark them.

Here are the pieces marked side by side.

My biscuit cutter
Next I use a biscuit cutter at all the marked places so they will match up later.
Cuts a half round hole

These are the little biscuits (size 20) in place with glue

Put the two halves together and voila, a wider section.

I'll be doing more trim, the loft and master bedroom, tomorrow so I'll take some finish photos then.

Len



No comments:

Post a Comment