Friday, October 26, 2012

Good to go


Finally got the inspector over to help make a decision on the railing clearance behind the fireplace.  Seems my 4 inch clearance to the stairs is correct and the clearance drops to 2 inches at the smoke chamber areas. This means I can get my railing to fit with only slight modifications for proper attachment to the posts top and bottom. More on that tomorrow.

Today I created 35 more pickets for the stairway and will need about 6 more to finish the little rail by the basement stairs. I have routered out the top and bottom rails as well and created the handrail.




The finished posts upstairs
This is the cutout for the bottom stair post.

I have fitted and drilled for bolts on the lower post so now I can stain it and put it in place to measure and cut the rail top and bottom.


I lit this today and thought it looked like a gas fireplace
On my way to get the mail and groceries tonight, I noticed as I was pulling up to our driveway, a large black creature running up the hill.  No walkies for Banjo tonight unless he wants to be bear food.

More tomorrow, might pick up some drywall if it looks like it won't rain or snow.  Cathryn is stuck in Vancouver for another night as the minimums were too low for landing at Williams Lake. Too bad, she was looking forward to getting home after a week in the big smoke.

Len









No comments:

Post a Comment