Sunday, October 28, 2012

Range hood is in


More work on the stair railing today including fitting the top and bottom rail pieces and cutting and fitting the first two starter pickets. This gives me an idea of where the lower post will be cut off. Cathryn put varathane on the pickets and other bits so tomorrow I should be able to assemble everything.



Just about time to cut this post to length

While waiting for varethane to dry I took on another project. Since my visit by Todd the inspector I found out that I need to have the range hood finished to pass our final inspection. One more thing to do, so away we go.  We decided to put the venting inside the wall as opposed to inside the cabinet.  This meant a trip up into the attic to cut a hole in the upper double plate for the plenum. This done I was able to lower a modified unit down to the hole behind the range hood.


Prepping the plenum

prepping the wall
 A little wiring and foil tape for leaks and voila.
The finished product

Of course there is the issue of all that insulation we blew in the attic.  I had left it piled high away from the plenum work area.    I had to build up the walls of the attic access hole and pull all that insulation back in place for even coverage now that we won't be up there anymore.

Tomorrow after I drive Cathryn to Williams Lake I will finish the stairway, hopefully.

Len










1 comment:

  1. You make light of what can be an annoying and painful process. Was it that easy? I continue to be delighted with your skills in so many areas!

    ReplyDelete