Friday, November 2, 2012

Time out

I got home from the lower mainland on Wednesday evening.  The weather was great everywhere except within 5 miles of our house.  I had picked up my new-to-me vehicle, a 2004 Highlander from my sister Elaine, in Vancouver.  Glad to have AWD to feel more secure on the highway and with all this ice.

Len finished the rail and it looks great.  Then he took some time off of house stuff to clean up the shop so that a vehicle (mine?) can fit in it.  He also fixed up the shop big doors to eliminate drafts and added some insulation.  He is actually out there now, finishing up on the insulation of the doors.

This afternoon he took the trailer to the lumber yard for 50 sheets of 8ft drywall to do above the garage.  We carried them in and, guess what, they are stacked in the living room!  Here I thought that those days were over.

Kyla is coming up next weekend and will help with the drywall or whatever is left to do.  Ha ha.  Lots left, take your pick.

Ok, that is your update for the moment.  Do you really need to see pictures of stacks of drywall?  Didn't think so.  If there is something notable happens this weekend, we will be sure to let you know.  I am voting to have the soapstone countertop put in.  If that happens, look for the blow-by-blow pictures.

Cath

2 comments:

  1. Cath / Len: You cannot imagine how closely I look at your pictures. I hope to do what you are doing when I grow up. Your blog is a treasure!
    I hope you are as careful with your garden blog as you were with the house. Sarah will be an avid fan.
    Love to you both. Looking forward to the future and getting to do something to help the 108 Mile Rancher's!

    Peace, Bruce
    PS. My next blogs will be about past projects. Future projects are mostly lamps, boxes and other small stuff for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bruce, sorry to say I killed my gardening blog as my attention was too divided . Besides, my garden was sort of a failure this year, or at best a partial success. Maybe next year if I get inspired!

      Looking forward to see all your projects. You are welcome anytime!

      Delete