Tuesday, October 16, 2012

I think I'll start the floor now


As I mentioned yesterday here are a few photos of the day.  I have finished the window trim except for the basement and the garage loft. I actually have to put an apron under all of these but I will do that when they are all done.

The music loft done


The master bedroom done
I even finished the entrance door
I have been repairing damaged driveway trees. Can you spot the repair?
It looked worse before, honest

And now it's on to the flooring. I spent some time fixing a low spot with door skin material. It is quite thin and will work just fine. I need to get some floor adhesive to stick it down then I can roll out the paper underlayment and after measurements are verified, start placing the flooring.  The first rows will be nailed manually as I can't get the hammer nailer in yet this close to the wall.

Finding the low spots

Ready for adhesive.
We in the house building trade don't call it glue. I will probably stop at Joe's tomorrow for some outer rail material.  I need some 16 footers in fir as I don't want any joints in the upper finish board.  More on these tomorrow

Len







No comments:

Post a Comment