Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Rafters going up.

Today we did some hard work hoisting 20 foot fir 2x12s up 20 feet and in to place.  If the big crane wasn't $160 an hour I might consider it but I prefer the challenge and the exercise.  We should be finished the main rafters tomorrow and then on to the garage upper floor so we can line up the roof trusses in that area. Here are a couple of photos of the rafters.


I spent some time lifting 12 foot 2x12s onto the loft floor so we would have a sturdy floor to put the scaffold for the rafters on that end of the house.  Here are a couple of shots from the loft overlooking what will be the great room.


I pulled out these three beams in preparation for them going in tomorrow.  When installed we will build a wall on top of them to finish off the west upper section of the great room.


So that's it for today, I think I'll do something exciting and go to the 108 Mall to get some groceries.

Len

No comments:

Post a Comment