Friday, August 20, 2010

On to something new.

I enjoy every thing I do on the house but some things are nice to get over with, like the rafters on the main house, which scared me some times. I wouldn't do that for a living or at least nothing at those heights. I'd rather fly my plane at 10,000 feet than work out on a limb like that. We did finish the rafters and have moved on.

Last rafters on the west side.
Our plan is to get the garage upper floor on and use the space for plywood for the trusses.

Beam in and north floor joists in place above the garage.
Starting to put things in the garage for storage, windows and timberframe bits.

It has started to rain a bit but we should get some small things accomplished with the grandkids this weekend, they seem pretty keen.

Len

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Impressive progress being made! Great to see the timbers, and I love the picture of Len with the beam...

    ReplyDelete