Friday, August 13, 2010

Every house deserves a garage.

Tired start to the day after trying to spot meteor shower at 3 AM.  We worked on the garage walls and finished by 2:00 as Ken had to leave.  It sure was nice to work with puny 9 foot walls for a change.  I'm already looking forward to the day when I am working all by myself on the house.  I am hiring another carpenter to assure the completion to lockup.  The roof will take some time and then the roofing material will also add time.


I took the opportunity of making three trips to the dump to get rid of all the wrapping and dunnage from the Tamlin bits. Get the yard cleaner and ready for more work.  I will be drilling and installing all of the lag bolts to secure the outer walls to the timbers. Thanks to Dave and his long 1/2 inch auger bit this should be easy.  Easy except for some of the heights here.



I took a better pictured of the south gable end to show the detail


Len

No comments:

Post a Comment