Thursday, February 21, 2013

Yesterday they were but today they aren't

Yesterday I did some fancy tile cutting and got a very nice hole for the main valve without breaking the tile. All my measurements were great and the wall went up fine. The other surprise was the Home Depot valve showed up ahead of schedule so today I started more tiling after the water test was done with the installed valve.
All that waiting for this??

Mighty careful cutting and voila
 Now it's time for the next course. I found some white mortar and you can see the difference here.
Two tone mortar

Another row completed

Trim in place for the top row

All done and I need more tiles

As I was saying the tile gods were kind yesterday but not today. I broke 2 tiles and measured incorrectly on the third so it's off to Kelowna for more to finish.  We have decided to do the vanity top in the same Travertine tile so we will need 7 more to finish.  Cathryn is heading that way in a week so I will have to get the vanity finished soon. Tomorrow I will round off the edges of the wall shelf and do what grouting I can.

Len





No comments:

Post a Comment