Tuesday, February 19, 2013

I've gone about as fer as I can go

With the floor finished Cathryn went ahead and sealed up the grout.  That sealer is darn expensive. I continued with the shower and fitted all the bottom row nice and level.


Spray sealant, easy peasy
Some small spacers required to level up the floor
One thing I will say about this Travertine tile, they are all a nice uniform 18 inches square, which is more than I can say for the floor tiles.  I have found them to be plus or minus a 1/16th of an inch which makes for interesting gap alignment.

Fitting to the corner
Bottom row done and on to the second course.


There is a lot of cutting since you can't scribe and snap this stuff

Two rows and the little wall is capped


Two more rows to go
I put a small shelf in the corner and when I complete the wall it will go all the way to the corner up to the top. When I went to cap the little wall I realized that it was going to need some grinding to get it level.  This is where I changed gears and decided to install the bathroom door. This should help keep the dust localized and out of the rest of the house. Hah hah, lol etc.


Last door on the main floor

Tomorrow I will sand and round over the shelf and wall top pieces. I might even grout what I have done so far.  Then I will have to work on the vanity, building the cabinet and doing some plumbing.

Len




No comments:

Post a Comment