Wednesday, February 27, 2013

So much class

You're probably wondering why I would put such a nice door in my shop. I am a classy guy but the truth is we had an extra one and I couldn't return it as I had already cut the hinges in a couple of years ago. It was handy that the hinges were cut in on the correct side. When I finish the trim it will be really special.

A real fine lookin' door
 I will have to find a nice door knob for it, probably used.  I should have thought of that when I we were at the Restore in Kamloops looking for a vanity.  We did find one and I am modifying it for the master bathroom.  I used two sections of it and built another to make it longer.
Building a cabinet section 15 inches wide

The left section is new and the others have a spacer between them
We wanted a vanity 54 inches long and that is what we have now. The original was 4 feet so the one foot section that I didn't use is going in the laundry room. Tomorrow I will be creating the side panels and doors as well as new drawer fronts. Cathryn is still in Kelowna and will be till Friday. She is bringing some more Travertine tiles for the top of the vanity.

Len



No comments:

Post a Comment