Tuesday, February 26, 2013

The cats away

I finished all the grouting that could be done and rounded the edges of the shelves. Time to mount the glass. This piece is 3/8 thick and 39 x 48 inches so it's quite heavy. I put small stick-on rubber buttons on the bottom and my four clamps up the sides. It worked great and is very sturdy.



Sturdy and looks great too

Cathryn is gone to Kelowna for a week so I am going to build my little office in the shop to have a dust free zone for my computer and books. Firstly I have to drywall the ceiling and walls above as it would be hard to do later.

All done as far as required

Meanwhile a snow squall has moved in
 I'm making everything come out to 8 feet high to efficiently use material. We did some changes in the house and ended up with a 36 inch door left over so I am framing for that door.
First wall with door

Wall in place and wiring for a light as well
 The second wall was going to have a window but that will have to wait. I will be using plywood on the outside of that wall to hang tools but every where else will be drywall.
Second wall up ready for roof
I used 2 x 6 for the roof so I could store larger, longer stuff up there. We have some 1/2 inch plywood left over so that will be going up on the roof.
Ceiling in place just needs plywood.

Drywall finished inside and out

I better get outside and drag in a couple of sheets of plywood before it gets dark. I'm going to frame in the door tomorrow and then start on the vanity.  It will create a bit of dust so that will be my first test of a dust proof room. It's probably not possible but it will sure help.

Len



No comments:

Post a Comment