Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Chocolate grout




So the master bath continues with slow daily progress.  The tiling is complete on the floor of the shower so the grout has to be done before any walls go up 


Bathroom chocolate grout, cake anyone
We were worried the colour  wouldn't come out so the tiles were sealed first
Once the tiles were grouted I started finishing the floor. Soon I was on to the stub wall and I decided to go with the tiles at 45 degrees to match the floor joints


Finishing the floor
It turned out fine

The inside of the wall
The inside of the wall was a bit trickier with the shelf extension and it's angle.
A few clamps and voila
The grouted finish
 I then fit and secured the bottom section of backer board as it didn't interfere with any plumbing. We are still waiting for the secondary on off valve from Home Depot.  I guess they decided that we didn't have a real physical address and cancelled our order. Would have been nice had they told us this tidbit of information. Anyway, I am waiting for the valve to test all the piping before I put up the top section.

Lower section secured

Top section cut and fitted.
Bruce asked me if I had any progress on the important part, my shop. I have been spending my weekends starting the big organize and have gotten about half way there.



Still working on tool location, drawers would be helpful

I have placed my office area by the front doors and the window

I intend to close in the office area with a flat roof to accomodate some storage of larger items like the scaffold platforms and maybe some ladders.

Cessna landing gear

I couldn't help opening up a couple of boxes to have a peak.  I overhauled and painted these gear legs back in Kelowna a couple of years ago. They are all ready to go on, nice shiny white, but I digress.
Back to the bathroom

Len




No comments:

Post a Comment