Sunday, February 26, 2012

Shifting gears

It took two days but I was able to complete the south wall.  Lots of pieces.  I moved the scaffold to the west wall so Nigel could get at all of the rocks tomorrow.

View from the loft

It really does look great with the white wall

These have really been a nuisance, you call them a tripping hazard
 The shift in gears is me prepping for fireplace work on Monday.  I laid these in place for the hearth but have to raise it a bit to come up to the door.  I have decided to place jumbo bricks on edge which will give a great base for slate tiling later.

Mortar in each hole keeps them in place

The jumbo bricks mortared in place with a hole left for the damper control
 I had to leave one brick out as I forgot to lengthen the damper control. I'll run into town tomorrow and get some threaded rod and a connector. Slide a piece of pipe over the shaft and then leave it long till I find something nice to use as a control lever.
The rod is in the upper right hand corner of the space


I suppose I will be helping Nigel tomorrow and drywall will have to wait. I have the bottom half of the bedroom and closet as well as the office and front entrance to finish yet. No rest for the wicked although I must admit that today was bluegrass jam day at Lac La Hache so after a doggy walk I was out the door.  A great time was had by all.  Not as much fun as Africa, where Cathryn is, and a bit cooler as well. Hi Cath and Mom.

Len

No comments:

Post a Comment