Thursday, February 9, 2012

My least favourite job so far

Well the drywall was delivered.  I had visions of the delivery people bringing the sheets inside the house and preferably to the exact room it was going in.  Did this happen?  Not even close.
Unloading the upper pile
For the basement
So imagine my surprise when Len invited me to assist him in carrying in the drywall.  Being the good wife that I am, I did my best.  Len was doubtless wishing that his life partner was 1. taller 2. stronger. We had to separate them and carry them one by one, using our nifty panel lifters. (If YOU had been here on one end, there would have been photos- taken by me.)  We got quite a bit done then Len (who is almost 60) felt a twinge in his back and I called time out.  Len needs to do alot more work before he wrecks his back.  I said, "Wouldn't it be great to pay some young men to do this?"

One pile we brought in
Notice the 14 foot ceiling sheets
So since we weren't completely wrecked yet, we spent the rest of the evening tiling the basement bath.
Len got to be pretty handy with the tile cutter
Starting tiling.  (not my best side)
 When Len went to take a load to the dump last evening,  he ran into two young, strong neighbour boys.  He offered them big bucks to come and hoist drywall.  An inspired idea.
They came after school today and did a couple of hours of moving the piles.  My back thanks you.
They make it look easy
This evening we are going to finish off the bathroom and I will do show and tell on that later. 
Cath

2 comments:

  1. My brother is mounting drywalls
    Even he is complaining when he has to carry the walls 6 levels up.
    You dit a great job


    dany

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carrying drywall is the pits. Putting it up is easy (except for celings). Taping and mud is worse yet. Pretty much agree that having others to do the worst parts is well worth the price.

    ReplyDelete