Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Stairs and rails, drywall, dogs and dinner

The drywall continues with Norm and Lynn giving it their best as you will see. Norm says that I should be able to paint the wall where the stairs will be and the kitchen area by Thursday. They are doing a great job and quite quickly as far as I can tell.

Norm and Lynn hard at it

I can't put varathane on the stair treads during the day as I have to wait till drywalling is done when Norm and Lynn head home. This being the case I have started on the railing for the loft area.

These are some of the timbers that were milled from trees on our property.

I am going to use them for corner posts on the rail 
The planer is getting a workout

I have my big vacuum set up and it sure saves the dust quotient


Lots of sanding as well but they look great

Finished sanding
I will be milling the bottom of both of these posts to fit into a square hole at the top of the timbers

Here is one o the holes 
And here is the other
Everyone has left so now I am on to the varathane. I am using the stair stringers for support as I won't be putting any varathane in the last 1 inch.

Set up and ready to go

All done and time for a dog walk then dinner.
It's 8:30 sounds like a pizza night.

Len

No comments:

Post a Comment