Sunday, April 22, 2012

Painting and more painting

Today was a painting day.  Len spent the whole time cutting in and I did the rolling.  This is because Len can actually paint a straight line whereas I can not.  We put a nice long handle on the roller so no climbing up on a ladder or chair for me.  Reason number two to do the rolling.
The kitchen completed - the white part is behind the cupboards

The lower half in "Florentine Plaster", the upper yet to be finished
 After we finished the dining room, kitchen, laundry room, powder room, back hall, front hall and the lower half of the great room, we did some serious clean up.  We took the protective wraps off all the posts at last.  Then we prepared the stairs for the drywall finishers to go up and down.  Len also did a repair of his boo-boo.
Len's repair of the vacuflo.  Has to be mudded and painted. 

The base (foot) of the stairs

Paper on the steps to keep them a bit cleaner.

It was a beautiful day and so of course Banjo and I enjoyed a couple of walks as well as a bit of time in the garden at lunch time.  I see something has been nibbling at my rhubarb.  I thought the leaves were poisonous.  Well no dead deer in the yard anyway.

Back to work tomorrow and Norm and Lynn will be here to finish the drywall.
Cath

No comments:

Post a Comment