Sunday, April 29, 2012

Spend time on an island she said

I knew that today would be complicated so I got at it right away with a trip into 100 Mile to get some ABS fittings and vacuum fittings. Code says that since my dishwasher is in an island and doesn't have access to a vent stack I must install a special unit called an air admittance valve to allow venting in the cabinet.  We also decided to install a kick plate vacuum unit which took some doing to figure out the installation without our flooring in place.  This and all of the water stuff for the dishwasher including power, had to be in place before the island actually got set in place.

Vent in the foreground

Dishwasher gubbins and vacuum unit
 I secured the island to the plinth and then it was time to put the top on. Luckily Pat, from our bluegrass band, came by and I solicited his help in moving the top from the shop to the house. This sucker is heavy.
The top in place

A finish strip is still needed around the plinth.
I ran the dishwasher through a cycle and it seems fine.  Looking forward to having a place to hide dirty dishes.

Len

1 comment:

  1. Last day on the river. Hike/lunch Indian Canyon; Jumped at Pumpkin Spring (last swim in the Colorado); Camped opposite 3 Springs Campsite. Something to contemplate. I like your kitchen!!!

    ReplyDelete