Monday, April 16, 2012

Don't tread on me


I got busy today with some more sanding belts for the stair treads.  They turned out great after a couple of hours.

Heae they are ready for stain

Here they are after stain

The grain sure comes out


We tried one of the stair stringers in position and found out that it was going to interfere with the light for the basement stairs.  The next photo is after I moved the light box down 6 inches and  Norm the drywaller did a patch on the original hole. Should be okay now.



I have started on the posts for the loft railing and will continue with that tomorrow.

Len

1 comment:

  1. Just realized you were completing your house as were were starting our river trip - 2 weeks on the Colorado River through the Grand Canyon.

    I mentioned where I was in my reading your blog and Sarah made the point that we could have a foundation for the same $$ we spent on our river trip . . . . food for thought - we may be inviting you all for a little slave labor in Vermont.

    ReplyDelete