Wednesday, July 14, 2010

When you hear the sound of broken glass

Today was a day of leveling and prepping for the posts in the basement.  We set the first big beam and have the other small ones ready for tomorrow. We were short one length of pressure treated sill plate so off to 108 for it.  I decided after 30 years to replace my tool belt and so photo to follow.  I also picked up the perimeter drain pipe as well.  Getting ready for backfill.  I put one of the pipes through my back window as I was loading so I'll have to deal with that later.  Progress will start to speed up as we get these beams ands posts in place.  Floor joists next and then we can backfill and get rid of the chasm.I have included a photo of my view from the motorhome as I sit on the original driveway-come-rv-park.

Len

1 comment:

  1. Broken glass - been there done that - not much to say but - awwwwwww

    ReplyDelete