Sunday, July 18, 2010

Don't try this at home.

I thought, "how hard can it be?" You just peel the back off and stick it to the walls of the foundation.  It goes wherever the dirt will cover up the wall.  Building into a hill will give some pretty tall buried walls, nine and a half feet to be exact.  My guess was a half a day but it took me from 9 in the morning to 9 at night to finish.  Then I went to bed.  Sunday I tackled the drainage around the perimeter.  It has to all go gently downhill to a spot where it would be fed out into the forest,  That took till 2:00 which left lots of day so off I go with a load of peeled off paper and leftover logix supplies to our dump.  When I got back I started hauling out as much scaffolding as I could.  We are still using some of it but that will be gone soon.  Another fun filled day at the lot.  Hello to Cathryn and Victoria, I hope you are following along.

Grampa

No comments:

Post a Comment