Wednesday, July 21, 2010

My aching back

The last couple of days have been tiring to say the least. Lots of cleanup and prep for the backfilling of the foundation. I cleaned all the lumber from the garage that was used for the scaffolding.  All of the scaffolding was lifted out and stacked ready for pickup.  All the scaffold boards had to be moved out of the way for the backhoe to get near the house.  The rebar also had to be relocated as it will go into the shop foundation eventually.  John Taylor showed up this morning with a dump truck load of rock 1 to 2 inch diameter for the drain pipe around the footings.  I had to shovel and locate this rock with a wheelbarrow as no machine can get to some of the areas yet.  I did move some of the pile around the house with the backhoe.  This shortened up the wheelbarrow journey. Too much shoveling and now I must prepare for a thunderstorm tonight.  I have been doing some time lapse photography using our camcorder.  It's quite cool and I'll edit it eventually into the 5 minute house build.  By for now

Len

No comments:

Post a Comment