Sunday, July 4, 2010

Swingin' in the Rain

Hoo boy.  The day started out pretty wet but my drive to finish the garage walls soon dried up the ground and we made some progress. Cathryn, my faithful gopher, is leaving today so I had to get as much work out of her as I could before she left.  The truck is now full of foam waste and other flotsam and jetsum. The inside of the walls is looking pretty tidy again.  I have completed the horizontal rebar on the house and will now tackle the same on the garage.  Still have to build wooden window supports for the concrete and foam all cracks and holes. Tomorrow I will be renting a hammer drill again for the extra wall by the garage.  Hector was by and we talked about the roofing material.  Jessie stopped in to say goodbye and pick up some hard earned cash.  He's off to Kelowna for a 2 year course in audio engineering.  The week looks pretty good so I am shooting for concrete either Wednesday or Thursday and the first truck from Tamlin arrives on Friday, I'll have to schedule a crane truck to unload it.  Here are a few photos of the flora here.  I guess more photos of me working with white foam was too much for Cathryn today. One more day of this should do it. Just need to put some notches for beams and it will be complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment