Wednesday, May 16, 2012

One man's ceiling is another man's floor


Second day of loft flooring and better progress was had. We now have a ceiling in the office and ready to start the flooring over to the front entrance.

Office ceiling
Of course the center section didn't require much cutting but did need some manual straightening.

Tomorrow I should finish the last area.  The real time consumer is the two coats of varethane which I stagger so there are always four pieces dry and ready to go.  I also have four boards with a fresh second coat and four with a fresh first coat.  I had to plane down the edge of one of the timbers as it had twisted enough to be out of level and was causing a lump in the floor.  No big issues tomorrow I hope.

The strainer for the sink arrived as well as the last drawer bits so I will be at that after the flooring is completed.

Len

No comments:

Post a Comment