Friday, May 4, 2012

Ironing, tiling and drawering(?)

Another day of firsts.  My first ironing in the laundry room,  not so important, but nice to be able to leave things out .  You can also see that we brought the freezer in from the deck so all that is needed is a cabinet to put the sink in (the sink is in the box under the ironing board).

No more wrinkled shirts
Len did two big jobs today.  Got the drawer glides installed and you can see the drawers in place in these pictures.  No drawer fronts yet, so limited usefulness.  But there sure will be lots of them  and I am really looking forward to unloading the boxes of stuff in the garage to fill them up.  We put in only a few cupboards as I really prefer drawers.

Drawers by the sink and under the stovetop

Island drawers minus their fronts

Under the oven and next to the sink
Job number two was tiling the powder room.  Len wouldn't let me do this one as there were so many cuts in a very small area - around doorway, beams, and the toilet of course.  He has a special grinding disk and a tile cutter and has become very adept at doing tile cuts.  So I let him do the tiling and I will do the grouting.

The first of many cuts

The artist at work

All done.
We took most of the evening off to play music with our band which we are calling 5 Alive.  (yes, like the juice - refresh me!)

Tomorrow I hope that Len will start on the drawer fronts so that I can start filling those drawers.

Cath

1 comment:

  1. Looking Great!! Me and Sarah - back to work (a bit tough after 2 weeks of not thinking about it - not even once) and working on the garden.

    ReplyDelete