Thursday, May 17, 2012

A loft is born


Well it took all day but I finished the loft floor.  It gets a little tricky as you get to the end.  There is no room to beat on the planks.  I was running out of varethane but just had enough for all the edge finishing pieces. Kyla would be proud as she gave me that varethane at least 10 years ago.

So now we are going to paint the walls up there and I will finish the little bit of mudding on a couple of joints at the top.  We are excited and anxious to put the carpet in place so we can move our insruments out of the way.



This is going to be a great space for jamming and practicing.  Tomorrow I will put on the trim as it should be dry by then.

By the way I got to the 7th coat on the island and ran out of varethane.

Len

1 comment:

  1. That last picture from the loft with the stairs and he fire place really caught my eye. Hope to see it some day. Perhaps play some music. What a great space!

    ReplyDelete