Thursday, September 8, 2011

So much to learn, so little time

I learned that there are special nails for the joist hangers.
I learned that the house wrap has to go outside the flashing.
I learned that it is better to put the flashing on first, before the ledger board.
I learned that the deck must have a slope even if the boards are spaced apart with a gap.
I learned that the slope is 1/8 inch per foot.
I learned that a 20 foot piece of 2x10 with all its' hangers and lag bolts can be very heavy.
I learned that the top of the posts should have peel and stick.
I learned that I like the cooler weather for working
I learned that I can drink a lot of water and eat a lot of creamcicles in a day
Take it off, put up the flashing, remove all the hangers and the nails with the code nails

Up she goes withe help of some tie down straps and lagged back in place

Ain't it lovely

Thats all I learned today, probably more tomorrow.

Len

1 comment:

  1. Ouch! What triggered all that just in time (but a shade too late) learning?

    ReplyDelete