Tuesday, September 6, 2011

On my own for a few days


Cathryn has gone to Victoria for a few days and the Hawkins clan have all gone back to their homes on the coast. I suppose they think that I can work alone, harumph.  It ain't as much fun and a lot slower.

I am busy prepping for the deck .  Dave and I got all the posts up so that will save a lot of time.  I will have to paint the ledger boards and then  secure them to the house with ½ inch lag bolts.  Once that is done I will put all the joist hangers on and start working on the beam.

Ledger all in place and painted



All bolts in and all joist hangers nailed in place
I have started the beam 
 I am going to have to get the 2 x 12 lumber from the loft area to complete the beam buildup. Sounds like a job for tomorrow.

Len

No comments:

Post a Comment