Thursday, September 15, 2011

A Man not playing with a full deck


Well the deck project is in full swing as we use up the great weather we've been having. I clamped the boards together with wedges and now the screwing begins. Cath is pre-drilling the butt joints and I set a bunch of screws with the battery drill and then drive them home with the electric.

It goes pretty fast presetting the screws.

Of course, now that we have a solid surface to work from we are able to put some windows in.  The dining room was first and it really brightened things up in the house.
Move away the plywood and then the light comes in

So much better.
Cathryn has gone to Vancouver and I am tasked with installing some more windows.  Looks like it could rain today so I got busy right away and set up the scaffolding on the deck. After a couple of hours they were all in except the big one.


Just one more to go.
It has started to pour and I have been out covering up piles of wood.  I took a look at the stream coming from all the downspouts.  There's a going ta be a lot of water if we need it.
A lovely little stream
So now everything is mucky again. I am still holding off on the gravel as we will be drilling the first of October for the geothermal. Back to electrical work.

Len

No comments:

Post a Comment