Friday, November 30, 2012

Post inspection fallout


So our inspection day is finally here. I had a list of things to get done before he showed up and I got all of that done. One was a landing in the garage. The drop was 12 inches so it needed the landing. I guess the timber we had there wasn't to code.

A new landing

Anyway I waited all day for him to show up so I worked on getting the office furniture together. We've been waiting a long time to be able to do this.



First the desks themselves
Then I built the hutches.
We'll be a while turning boxes into useable stuff.

This should get rid of a few boxes from the garage, which by the way, is starting to look a lot emptier.
Tomorrow I start on the items he found in his inspection.  I guess we have to cover all the insulation and foam walls so as to prevent any damage to the insulation. Hoo Boy. More on all of that later

Len






3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. No that was a store bought item. The unit is 10 feet wide so we built the room to 122 inches. I cut out 2 holes in the skirt for plugs and it works out quite well.
      Len

      Delete
  2. Now that's what I call a custom built house - rooms designed to fit the furnature like a glove - very cool!

    ReplyDelete