Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Soapstone counters AND sink AND tile

So last night after I finished the blog, I casually said, "it's not too late, let's do the tile too".  So we did.  And then today it got grout and the sink got put in and my oh my, the kitchen is....done!  Except for a floor.  And the under counter lighting.  And a bit of trim.  Ok, so it's not totally done, but close enough.


Tiling queen and her tiara of light

The finished tile and the beautiful stone

My personal favourite piece

You can see the blues and yellows that set off the cabinets so nicely

Sink in place with new faucet

It will be a shame to clutter up these countertops

All that thinking and dreaming actually came to be
Amazing if I don't say so myself.
Cath

2 comments:

  1. OMG - they are beautiful! I am so inspired!!!
    Why does Len know how to do all of these things? It's crazy the details - wonderful crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bruce, not to disillusion you, but Len simply doesn't know that he isn't capable of everything! I read an article in This Old House about diy soapstone and thought it sounded like something he could do. So he followed the instructions and did some experimenting on his own and voila! The surprise was that the table saw and router worked as well as they did. It is true that you can learn to do almost anything on-line.

    ReplyDelete