Wednesday, November 14, 2012

3 hours 3 pieces

My helper, Kyla has left after great progress on the garage loft drywall.  I spent the whole next day finishing up with lots of screws and fiddly bits.


Bit of a mess but finished


Before Kyla left we did a bit on the stairwell where two bodies were better than one. We constructed a platform which works quite well.  I'll keep the pieces for later when I mud and paint the high parts.

The platform from underneath

Placing some backing for the drywall

I'm not the only one moving fast around here

Cutting for stairwell, notice the very handy head lamp

Ladders 'R us

One pile of drywall finished

A new pile shows up


So I am tackling the hardest pieces on my own. This means getting creative with the lift.  It doesn't really fit in the narrow stairway so I have to fold up the legs. This makes it very unstable. Solution: tie the legs through the floor. This worked quite well all in all.




Tight spaces

The fix

Up she goes for the ceiling

A good fit, now screw the dickens out of it


The finished product.

Just have a couple of pieces to put on at the top of the stairs and then tomorrow I will do the garage/house wall. This is a code issue as well. Then, yes you heard it hear first, I am going to start the flooring. A bit more leveling and paper to put down but I am ready to go.





No comments:

Post a Comment