Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Finally, some doors

So our final inspection has come and gone and we are on to other things.  We still have to put drywall downstairs and in the garage to cover the vapour barrier but that can wait.  We have the gang from the flying club coming over this Friday so a little detour from inspection issues. We thought that a door or two would be more appropriate and so here I am installing doors.





I routered the doors for hinges back in Kelowna a couple of years ago and now I have to match them to the door jam.  I assembled the jams in the garage after a little dado on the top and installed them nice and level.  Now Cathryn could go ahead and paint the jams. 




I built a small jig to router out the door jams and it sure saves a lot of chisel time. With a 1/2 inch diameter bit in the router it does a pretty professional job.


Never buy what you can make



Once the frames are in and the hinges are on, the doors can be hung.  Then I have to drill for the locksets and do some careful chisel work to set the lockset in place.



Waiting for door paint

Door finally on the office

A door for the bedroom, how original

Tomorrow will be the addition of all the trim, the door stops, some painting and lockset installation.

Len

1 comment:

  1. Do I spy a soapstone top in the bathroom? Love the beam. Just occurred to me that Cath's painting skill may have started with the UWP stage - had to paint it for every show (in a new location)! I know that is where my woodworking skills began (helping Geoff build the new stage.

    ReplyDelete