Tuesday, September 25, 2012

The fiddly bits



Well we're nearing the completion of the outside of the house for this year. I might be able to finish the garage doors from the inside and have them ready for unveiling in the spring but any work on the shop will be next year. So I am finishing all the little leftover bits. Today I did all of the sealing of the hardi board siding and completed any final wiring as well. I changed all of the grey plug covers under the soffits to simple brown plugs and covers. The waterproof ones are not required under soffits.


This plug, for christmas lights will be in the fir covering of the covered deck

Waiting for the final deck ceiling
 My next job was to check all the gutters and downspouts in preparation for winter. This one by the bedroom had to be moved because of the new rail post.


Last job before supper was to strap the deck. One of the findings of my engineers last visit. All done and good to go.

Straps at the dog kennel

More straps, I feel safer already
So tomorrow I will be painting all of the caulking and probably start on the gate for the railing by the kitchen. This will be part of a small landing and stairs off the deck to the garden. 

Len







No comments:

Post a Comment