Sunday, August 12, 2012

The weekend that was

Here is another Saturday photo - Kyla helping her Dad move the heavy hardiboard panels.

Going down that little slope adds to the challenge
Once the work was done for the day, we had a nice wiener roast - an easy supper to fix.  Ask Victoria why the smoke seemed to follow her!
Left to right, Chris' leg, me, Kyla, Cathryn D, Melissa, Victoria
 Then we all went for a walk in the Walker Valley with the dogs.  Here is the pack.
Left to right, Asia, Banjo, Tank and Deuce
 Melissa and the girls left early Sunday morning ( 5:30) so quietly that we didn't even hear them.  We were very sorry to say goodbye, and really appreciate all the help not only with the house, but meals and cleaning up too.  Come back anytime!

Kyla and Chris and doggies stayed for a cup of coffee and a brief walk before heading back to Oyama. It was a short visit, but much appreciated.
Len bidding our guests adieu
Back to work!  Working around the porch roof is tricky but Len can use the roof for getting at some of the more remote corners.
Fitting the sheets around the beams was challenging

Last panel up

Painting the main sheets before the soffits and trim goes up

Here you can see the individual sheets.  The gaps get covered with cedar trim ( batten)
But hold the presses! I took the drastic step of climbing up to assist with the painting.  Not too bad as long as I have something to hold on to, and of course I move very slowly.  But at least I can say I did it.
That's me on the lowest platform (but high enough for me)

Together Len and I will have painted the whole house when we're done
That's it for today.  Tomorrow, I am back at work and Len will again be on his own.  He should get all the soffits up and the trim on in this area.  Glad to say the weather forecast looks good.  We got up to 30 today.
Cath

No comments:

Post a Comment