Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Just keeps draggin' on

Not that I'm complaining.  It is so good to finally see it getting finished.  Big surprise,  Kyla came out on Friday and helped again on the siding.  She is my favorite worker as she will attempt most anything. We are doing the large soffit area under the front overhang. It is 4 feet across with a large beam in the middle.  Progress is agonizingly slow but with Kyla my trips up and down the scaffold are considerably reduced.

Cutting soffit boards

Up they go for installation

On the prcipice
 No matter how hard or late we work our food fairy has something great for us.
Oops, wine, can't go back up the scaffold.

Getting the paint supplies ready for another trip up

Looking straight up at the soffit installation
 Kyla has gone back home and Cathryn is in Prince George today so I am busy trying to get the soffit done.  I did manage to finish the west side and I will complete the rest tomorrow
The deck setup

From the driveway

Two side walls to finish after the front is done
Unless it rains a lot tomorrow I will be able to finish the high stuff and start on the east side wall.


Len

1 comment:

  1. Haven't heard any weather (other than hot) or bug comments lately - has it been dry?
    It's Sunday - Sept 2 as I am reading this (I'm almost caught up to your daily doings) and we are waiting for the remnants of Issac to show up and moisten our soil. Too late for the crops.

    ReplyDelete