Friday, December 7, 2012

Doors done...check.

There are lots of steps when you're installing doors from scratch and then to make it look good with trim work and paint. It does eventually all come together and voila a door.  I completed the three main doors upstairs but left the master bath for now. Not on the priority list.

Powder room door by the kitchen
I have been putting off the ash pit in the basement and it has been filling up.  For the purpose of easy cleanup I have created an ashtray that folds in the middle for easier emptying.
Here is the tray with a hinge riveted down the middle

Hope this works

Ashes piling up

The new tray in position.
I have a little work to do on the door but is serviceable for now. I will be starting on the drywall that is required downstairs so we can get our final done

Len

No comments:

Post a Comment