Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Finishing up

I am busy finishing the items that were mentioned at the inspection for our final on our permit. The first thing was to cover up all of the insulation and vapour barrier. In the basement this meant finishing up some peripheral projects. One of them being the 200 amp panel in the utility room.


I started with blocks at the top to secure the wiring

Next came a box frame around all of the panel and wiring

Finally a little drywall to finish

The green light at the bottom is a panel surge protector

Next project was the drywall for the garage.  The ceiling wasn't required so I did just the walls at this time.

Garage done and baseboard waiting on the floor
Next project was one that I thought would take a couple of ours but I was at it from 7:00 to 7:00. I had to put vapour barrier on all the walls where the floor joists meet the outer wall and add insulation if there was none.

In the utility room

In the storage room
Tomorrow I will be building a gate for the deck where we intend to have our stairs to the garden. I actually have to build the gate and secure it with screws as if it was a solid rail panel. Then, next spring I will undo it and build some stairs.  They won't sign it off otherwise. The last thing to finish will be some securing of waterlines and wiring downstairs. 

I am going to Victoria on Friday so tomorrow is the day to finish everything as I am scheduling a final, final inspection for Monday.

Len






4 comments:

  1. Still looking forward to the basement :-) Looks like your screwing drywall directly onto the foam block - that's a huge labor savings. I was expecting you to have to frame everything. Does that imply that there are no electrical outlets on those walls?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The electrical boxes are carved out of the foam and the wire is run in slots cut out of the foam too.

      Delete
  2. Nine days and no update from 108 Mile Ranchers - hope all is ok and your having a wonderful Christmass with everyone coming to share this space that you have created. Personally I am jonesing for a Len and Cat update - Merry Christmas to you - now that we are all on the timeline where the Aztecs don't rule - I'll look forard to seeing you on this (or the next) trip around the sun - peace, joy, health and happiness to you both!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All is well, just busy with family stuff. See our apologies in the next blog. Christmas wishes to you too!

      Delete