Friday, June 1, 2012

Floor's a comin' Ma


Today I finished the drywall work at the top of the loft and painted the florentine plaster colour.  This concludes the painting of the main floor and loft, finally.  I guess we will now get busy on the basement painting.  Should be a heck of a lot simpler and faster.

I also have put the posts in for the rail at the basement stair in preparation for the flooring.

First cut a hole in the plywood to access the subfloor
 The posts are created from fir that was cut from our lot.
Now to support the posts for glue and lag bolts

2 posts ready for attachment

Under the floor shot for the inspectors.

The completed job.

Our bamboo flooring has been ordered and is expected here in a week or so.  Then we are going to let it acclimatize for a couple of weeks before install.   There is lots to do before we lay the flooring and since I will be renting the nailer I want to have all my ducks in a row. We will do the tile for the entrance area and the back hall. This will give us a starting point for the flooring.

Today I am fitting the carpet up in the loft as we are now using the area for band practices.  We call ourselves the Ditch Daisies,  photo to follow.

Len

No comments:

Post a Comment