Monday, June 11, 2012

Heavy lift day

Our flooring showed up today and 49 boxes had to be moved to the great room from the truck. ooofda.


lots of bamboo died for this floor.
Next came the piano which we brought from Kelowna.  It's seen a great home for 8 years at All Saints Lutheran with Melissa at the keyboard.  A sad parting by all.
Doesn't look that heavy does it
So I decided to be extra clever to move this up the stairs by myself.  I figured the pharoahs built the pyramids I could move a piano.
First we make use of the inclined plane

Then we use ratchets and pulleys

Lots of straps and careful pulling

Up she goes

The orange is the come along, the yellow is a safety strap, just in case

At the top, now what
 Here I enlisted the aide of some muscle across the street.  The boys that helped with the drywall.  We pushed and pulled and
Voila
 Thought I might get a little help while they were here, moving a large roll of carpet to the basement.
Part way by truck and then a hefty lug into the media room.


So tomorrow I tackle the tiling before the flooring can go down.

Len

No comments:

Post a Comment