Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Apparently its a sin to stop working

So Len "caught" me enjoying a beer and the sound of bird calls at 6 pm, out on the deck.  "Have you run out of something to do?" was his question.  My response, "I chose not to do something right now, which is different than not having something to do".  I invite your responses.  Is this man driven or what?
Back hall ready for grout

Front hallway in progress
Anyway, lest a moment pass without something being accomplished, Len tiled the back and front entrance.  My contribution was to grout it.  Then I also unloaded a whole whack of flooring so it can acclimatize.

Bamboo flooring is now "breathing"
Then Len started on the "Next Big Thing" which is putting up the chimney.  He had to build a support out of metal studs.  My question,"But will it fly, Orville?"  Ha Ha.  Building a house does something to your sense of humour, obviously.

Metal studs forming the chimney surround
Finishing touches
I have no idea how late he will be working, but I have quit for the day, happy with my beer and the bird calls.

Cath

1 comment:

  1. Smelling the roses is an art form that must be trained and nurtured in those to whom we cherish. Patience grasshopper!

    ReplyDelete