Thursday, November 17, 2011

Ongoing progress

Hi all.  No pictures, sorry. 
The good news is that the heating system is up and running....sort of.  By that I mean that the basement floor is being heated (yes!) but the air circulation system isn't (rats!).  Also we are just using the electric boiler and are not hooked up to the geothermal wells yet.  Still, it is toasty warm in the basement which has inspired Len to get all the wiring finished there.  On the main floor the temperature is creeping upward, only to 8.5 so far.  Unfortunately the blower for the air circulation was damaged in transit and we are waiting for replacement parts.  Meanwhile the house is ready for vapour barrier and then drywall.  Oh yes, I guess there is a little bit of plumbing still to be done.

The days are shorter and shorter, so it will be nice when the house is warm enough to work in during the evenings.  Once we get it above 10 consistently, we can stain, paint and do other work more comfortably.

It sometimes feels like we are talking to the air.  I know you are out there! We would love to hear from our friends from far and wide!  Let us know what you are up to.  Email us at lcaune@shaw.ca or give us a call or even (dare I suggest it?) send me a message on facebook -  cathanurse@gmail.com.   Stay warm, be happy.  Cath

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to be so late to the build - enjoying it - on my second weekend of reading and looking forward to catching up with you guys. Had I known all the fun you have been having I could have made a trip to visit where my talent as a slave would be noticed. Gee I'm looking forward to the future and a visit and being put to work.

    ReplyDelete