Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Going green



Still heavy into insulation but making great progress. It's amazing that no matter how much insulation we put in the house, it is still cool inside.  It was a balmy 2 degrees C when I started this morning. A nice temperature for this job. I would hate to be doing this in the heat of the summer so my plan is panning out quite well.

I started with the soffit baffles which will keep the blown in cellulose from falling out of the trusses.

Soffit baffles in the bedroom ceiling 
Insulation in the kitchen walls
Kitchen ceiling
Appropriate garb for sure
I found that wearing a hoody keeps the nasties from my neck and nice and cozy warm as a side benefit.  This stuff is way better than fiberglass but it still can irritate the throat.

Mr. Cool
We have gone through a large number of these packages, R14 is for the ceiling 

Every construction site needs a good ghetto blaster with a good solid case to take a lot of abuse. This seems to work out great.  This fireplace will be working some day so the radio may have to go.


Since wiring the office I had to complete the circuit which included the porch and entry lighting. We now have our first switched light in the house. Progress.

The heating guys have brought some more equipment and should be here tomorrow to start hooking things up.  They are still short the manifold for the basement in-floor heating, any day now they say.

Still toasty warm in the loft so I am not complaining too loudly. Cathryn is in Victoria and Vancouver this week so Banjo snuggles up to me at night. I think that he would stay up there all day if I didn't rouse him for some fresh air.

Going to tackle the great room loft tomorrow.

Len

No comments:

Post a Comment