Thursday, June 2, 2011

We're saving big dollars right?

Went to a beautiful wedding on the weekend. Heather, daughter of Dave and Doris, and her new husband Tyler,  put on a pretty good show.  It's too bad you can't help with the guest list, some people will invite anybody.

After we got back I quickly left with a preloaded truck and trailer for 108.  It was an odd load with a tub surround and a bed adding to the height.  Good weather with only a small shower to get through. It took me 6 stops along the way to get the front of the tub unit secured.  I ended up using the rear seatbelt out the window to keep the unit from bending over in the wind.

Loaded before the wedding

The seatbelt intervention

On arriving I found a message on the computer that BCIT was asking for my textbook early. Seems, since I combined both terms into one, the instructors wanted to look at it before the students did.  Oh well, back I go with all the paraphernalia for a textbook run and a chance to get another load up here.  This time I am expecting rain so a top notch wrap job was in order.  I took the exercise bike, a table and chairs, some cabinets and even the grandmother clock.  Lots of rain on the way to 108 and it rained for most of the unloading.  Cathryn stayed for a while in Winfield to put the textbooks together and make sure they got off all right.  She will be here later tonight.  I see that the sun is finally coming out this weekend so hopefully I can finish the digging for the shop.

A Martha Stewart wrapping job

Unloading in the rain
A little extra protection while unloading the trailer
Time for step 11.

Len

1 comment: