Thursday, June 9, 2011



A busy couple of days.  While I was digging for the shop footings Ross was digging for the water line.

Last dig across the front

Ross busy six feet down

The trench and the tubing, municipal 200 psi

I could have been a plumber

A dirty job but nice to have a hole through the foundation.

Elaine, I was talking to Ross, long grey beard and hair, from the CRD and, as you mentioned earlier, we have a connection. He came to turn the water on at the road once I had a shutoff valve inside the house.

Filling in the water trench

The hose that burst as I was finishing up the water trench, but that's another story.


Leveling the trench for the shop footings
The driveway back to normal
Anyway a busy day all round. Tomorrow I start measuring to set up the forms for the shop footings. Hopefully the digging is pretty accurate so I won't have to adjust the trenching manually.

Len

2 comments:

  1. The first necessity of civilization is clean water. (In my opinion, anyway). Clean running water into the house is something to celebrate! (Now you just have to have a place to dispose of it once it's no longer clean, and life will be really good.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! Gee, I thought 108 Mile Ranch was out in the boonies. 200PSI hose for 60 PSI water?

    ReplyDelete