Monday, May 2, 2011

Stumped

Today started out dreary and sprinkling but nice and cool for some backhoe work.  I have about 7 stumps to dig out and some of them are quite large.  I found that 2 sets of large ones were actually growing as one large root so as I worked at the one root they both came out as a unit.
I flipped these 2 over to get rid of some dirt around the roots

Lots of digging and prying to get a root this big to come free.  My backoe has an automatic dust suppression system built in with all the little leaks everywhere.

My next big job is to limb and cut the other trees that we didn't get to on the weekend.  They fell on top of the pre-fab walls and roof trusses for the shop but there doesn't seem to be any damage.


We are planning to rent a wood chipper again so I am stacking all the limbs along the driveway. Probably do that next weekend.

The next picture is a repair to the motorhome.  Seems there was just 2 little staples holding a piece of backing for the attachment of the folding shelf unit.  Here I am glueing it properly to reassemble tomorrow.  Never a dull moment around here.


Len

1 comment:

  1. I'm guessing that you are close to having enought clamps. Is that true?

    ReplyDelete