Tuesday, May 3, 2011

I can't believe I cut the whole thing

I spent a good part of the morning in town dealing with issues, a culvert, septic bylaws, wiring regs. etc.
I stopped in to ask why my power pole was put in crooked, it drives me crazy every time I look at it. I put my name on the list for the wood chipper for next Monday.  The rest of the day was spent moving limbs and cutting logs for stacking. I'll have to use our wood splitter so we have some nice dry stuff for this winter. We have a pile that is a couple of years old so it will probably go first.
After cutting the logs
Lots of firewood and lots of branches to grind up

I will probably put a side shed on the shop to store a lot of firewood. Ross came over and we planned the location of the waterline for the house and the shop. That will get going in a couple of weeks.  I also have a couple of contractors coming over to quote on the septic system.  Things are starting to get going out here.

This pile is 2 layers deep
There are lots of piles around the lot that will require chipping so when Cathryn gets here on Friday she will have something to do.  I really have to keep her busy or she gets so bored.


I did go over the Hills  for a shower and a visit to the hot tub for some muscle relaxation, it was great.

Len

1 comment:

  1. Running water is always good. Say hi to Ross for me!

    ReplyDelete