Saturday, May 14, 2011

Is that your fir in the chipper there?

Lots going on these days. I have been doing a fair bit of digging to prep the site for the shop foundation. This is a bit of a priority as we will need the space for our furniture in a month or so.


After all the trees were de-limbed and cut up the branches were stacked waiting for the chipper. A company in town now rents one so we reserved it. I will be moving the log sections out of the way for splitting later.
Piles along the driveway
From the two trees that were dropped in the yard
The chipping went a lot smoother than last year and I was able to get it back for a half day fee.
Mrs Fargo
Mr Fargo

A lot of useful chips

Our next ongoing project will be the parging. This is a transition concrete type of product for the siding to start at and the dirt to end at. It is applied over the moisture barrier that goes down to the footings.
I apply the first coat
Cath is working in the fiberglass mesh

First coat with mesh completed to the corner
Another task that was overdue was the culvert for our driveway.  The backhoe performed quite well for this job.

I'm getting the hang of this thing
Just cover it over and voila
I shouldn't hear any more comments from my neighbour

It decided to rain for 6 hours over night and that means no digging.  We packed up and went home where I loaded the truck and trailer for the return trip.


I always prepare for the worst in weather but this trip was nice and dry.  It took an hour and a half to unload and then it started to sprinkle.  It's been raining on and off for a couple of hours now.  If it gets too wet again I will be starting on the stairs for the garage room.

Len

No comments:

Post a Comment